HART Voucher Program
The HART program was developed to help adults with a serious mental illness find affordable housing in order to prevent homelessness. The program is primarily for persons who are being discharged from an inpatient placement and who have no place to live.
The primary goal of the program is to create a bridge from the Housing Related Assistance Program to more long-term stabilized housing such as Section 8, Public Housing, or independent housing.
1. Contact the Housing Coordinator at:
Panhandle Mental Health Center
3701 Avenue D, Ste 200
2. Contact the Scotts Bluff County Housing Authority for information:
Scotts Bluff Housing Authority
89A Woodley Park Road
3. Ask a Community Support worker, or Emergency Community Support
worker for information.
• Applicants must be at least 18 years old and meet the financial guidelines of the program.
• Must have a diagnosed mental illness and a treatment plan or service plan with a goal of independent living.
• Applicants will need to have a Community Support worker, or a person trained to act as your CS worker, and be willing to work to achieve a goal of independent living.
• Must be receiving HHSS registered or authorized behavioral health services.